Wednesday 2 November 2016

WOW: Washing The Wedding Quilt Fabrics

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays 
Well, you know me - always suffering from fabric indecision. I've decided that I might try my stash of hand dyes for my DD's wedding quilt. The flowers call for shades of red toned pinks and I have some beautiful tones, so I'm going to move forward with those as my flower fabrics. Being hand dyes, I'm leaving nothing to chance. Although I always go above and beyond the requirements for setting my own hand dyes, I'm not taking any chances with this quilt, so I'm giving them a wash in Synthrapol to make doubly sure. 

I had a dye bleeding disaster when I was making Lily Rose with some beautiful Batiks (I should have known better but got careless) and I don't ever want a repeat of that episode. I'm making the wedding quilt with the leftover fabric from my DD's wedding dress, so any leaking against the cream fabric will be unforgivable. 
What's Your WOW?

3 comments:

  1. A wedding quilt too?!? Such a lovely idea to use some of the dress fabrics - it's going to be a very special project. I struggle with my hand dyes - and I'm a big fan of Synthrapol too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Lily Rose disaster. Thanks for sharing your precaution methods!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...